Sunday, May 1, 2011

Six Months Later...


On April 29th it has been six months since our sister Mary Magdalene went back to heaven to live with God our Father, Jesus Christ his son, the Holy Spirit and all  the angels and saints;  I know she is in very good company in heaven.  Yet my heart is still healing for the pain of loosing my sister even though I know she is in a much better place.  Here is a picture of the Mary, our sister Irene and myself at the last family gathering celebrating a birthday of one of our brothers and meeting our newest nephew for the first time.  I remember posing for this picture as all three of us just looked into the camera and smiled. Now when I look at this picture,  it strikes me with the most remarkable feelings of love.  Mary's warm smile and her familiar streak of the natural silver highlight on her dark black hair that God placed  especially on her head,  just reflects the love she has for her family.    When my sister Irene would come and visit us at home, Mary would always gleam with excitement and say, "Renie's coming," and just be so happy to see her come over for a visit and would be looking forward to spend time with Irene.  My sister Irene has been living on her own for years and Mary loved every-time she'd come over for a visit.
 Today is the sixth month anniversary of Mary's passing; this morning I was on our computer when I read on a social network that my sister Irene had dreamt of Mary the previous night.  In this dream she told Mary how much she loved her and Mary's replied "I love you more,".  As I sat at the computer after reading my sister's comment and I was just in awe as it brought me to tears because I too had a dreamt of Mary yesternight.  In my dream I was calling for Mary though out our home and did not get any reply from her,  "Mary where are you?  Where are you ?" I said in the middle of my sobs, I couldn't find Mary anywhere.  As I started to feel myself coming out of my dream when I suddenly felt someone hugging me just the way my sister Mary used to give a hug.  Then I heard Mary softly say, "It's okay Emils, it's okay".  I woke up so startled and yet  had such a sense of peace, as I swiped the tears from my eyes. In reflection on what my sister Irene and I dreamt the previous night, I just want to say, 
"Thank you God for allowing our sister Mary Magdalene to comfort us."

No comments:

Post a Comment